Saturday, May 15, 2010

Balloons


DSC_0074, originally uploaded by bjhiggins.

First off, I often like using Dutch angles. I know how they're traditionally used in cinema, and I'm not using them for any specific purpose beyond I like it, and it looks neat. I'm not making any grand statement about balloon sellers at the Magic Kingdom or anything; I just decided to tilt my camera and shoot.

I must say, though, the balloon seller on Main Street is the ultimate throwback. It seems like there's always a cast member trying to sell you things on Main Street, whether its a PhotoPass photographer, or a cart selling lightsabers and glow necklaces. The balloon seller, however, fits. They just belong on Main Street. The balloons have evolved, certainly, but the concept brings me back to my childhood. It's precisely the right type of throwback.

No comments: